The success of the Sustainable Kingston Plan will depend on the involvement of community organizations and individual Kingstonians.
We all have a part to play, both as individuals and as participants in work, governing and community life. Becoming a sustainable community requires us to work on the following:
· How we use natural resources
· How we use the land on which Kingston is located
· How we ensure the availability of community services and activities
· How we make day-to-day decisions
· How we interact with our neighbours
· How we improve our economy and create employment for all
Businesses, Institutions, NGOs & Organizations: Are you are a business, institution or other organization that wants to be part of the sustainability solution? Become a Community Partner to the Sustainable Kingston Plan! As a community partner you can share information about the actions that your organization is taking and how they move us closer to our community sustainability goals.
Individual Kingstonians: As a member of the community your personal decisions have an impact on the sustainability of Kingston and the world. Support Sustainable Kingston by taking the Citizen’s Commitment.